25 Jun 2014
Instagram has proven to be a major player in the social media world and an extremely valuable tool for ministry. Since we are such a visual culture, this is a great avenue for sharing your church’s story that goes beyond traditional text posts. Here are twenty creative ways that I’ve seen churches utilizing this great network. My hope is that you will be inspired and perhaps add them to your social media strategy. Enjoy!
1. Promote Your Service Times
2. Advertise Your Sermon Series
3. Show Newcomers What Services Look Like
4. Announce Your Volunteer of the Week
5. Share Testimonies From Your Congregation
6. Promote Your Online Stream
7. Highlight Moments From Your Service
8. Share Encouragement
9. Promote Upcoming Events
10. Set Up A Photo Booth In Your Lobby
11. Promote Outreach Opportunities
12. Show Ways To Get Involved
13. Introduce Your Staff
14. Provide Shareable Invite Cards
15. Share Your Church’s Vision
16. Showcase Your Various Ministries
17. Share Your Worship Setlist
18. Share Quotes From Your Sermon
19. Highlight Water Baptisms
20. Show What’s Happening In Your Kid’s Ministry
Do you have any other ideas for using Instagram at your church? Let us know in the comments below!
Kendall Conner serves as the Creative Pastor at Piedmont Chapel in Greensboro, NC. He is a graphic designer, video editor, and all-around media geek, but above all enjoys seeing lives changed. Together with his beautiful wife, Holly, they strive to use media to spread the message of Christ and equip others for ministry.