07 Sep 2016
Social media is a powerful tool that your church can use to reach people inside and outside of your congregation. Whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat, each platform can be incredibly useful for touching lives and promoting your ministry.
For most churches that I talk to, it’s not a lack of desire that keeps them from regularly posting on their social pages, but a lack of content. Have you ever been confused or frustrated about what to post on your church’s social pages? It definitely can be overwhelming to come up with new ideas every week, right?
Here are some fresh ideas from some of my favorite churches to look to for social media inspiration. Let me know which ones are your favorites in the comments below.
1. Share Testimonies From Your Church Family
2. Give A Preview Of What To Expect At Your Church
3. Quote Worship Lyrics From A Song You Sing
4. Count Down To A Special Event
5. Share A Clip From Sunday’s Message
6. Promote An Event For The Community
7. Recap Exciting Moments From Sunday
8. Share A Quote From A Recent Message
9. Quote A Meaningful Bible Verse
10. Promote Small Groups
11. Share A Link To Your Live Stream
12. Celebrate Holidays And Important Moments
13. Express Gratitude For Your Volunteers
14. Promote Internal Events And Classes
15. Share How People Can Help With Outreach
16. Ask Questions About What Your Audience Enjoys
17. Give Service Times And Information
18. Celebrate Staff Birthdays And Anniversaries
19. Share Helpful Blog Posts And Articles
20. Post Promo Videos For Services And Events
What Do You Think?
Which of these are your favorite?
Do you have any other kind of post that you’d add to the list?
Let us know by leaving a comment below!
Kendall Conner serves as the Creative Pastor at Piedmont Chapel in Greensboro, NC. He is a graphic designer, video editor, and all-around media geek, but above all enjoys seeing lives changed. Together with his beautiful wife, Holly, they strive to use media to spread the message of Christ and equip others for ministry.